Sunday 5 February 2012

C.C.S Sea-Snake


Hello all,

This is the custom I've alluded to in past posts. It is a Cobra sea vessel. I've decided to call it the Cobra Command Sea-Snake as Sea-Serpent seemed better suited for a larger vessel. And sea-snakes are pretty deadly creatures anyway. I used a cheap aircraft carrier I got at K-mart and used it as a base. I went looking for a base as my attempts at using foam-core failed miserably! I cut out a hole for the gun and painted over all the yellow and red on the deck. You'll see a WIP pic here somewhere.

The whole reason I built this ship was that I came up with a new custom figure: Captain Ironside (named after the U.S. Civil war battleships) I made him using the head of Colonel Vogel and the body of Bail Organa. I don't know if the pictures show it but I added a cobra sigil to his peaked cap. I added the left hand of a Cobra B.A.T for good measure. He doesn't look like an infantry officer so I made him a sea captain. I couldn't find a suitable ship for him to command so I decided to make my own!

I used plasti-card to build up the cabin as well as assorted consoles I'd been hording. I also created an LBC crew they are all made up of the 25th Cobra Bazooka trooper and the heads of the German Soldiers from the Indiana Jones line.

For those that like a back story:
Ironside was an officer in the British Navy. He lost his arm while on duty and he felt unappreciated when they asked him to retire. Cobra soon approached him and offered him the recognition and respect he felt that was owed to him. They also gave him a brand new arm!

I'm actually really happy with the way these came out and I am hoping you like them too. Feel free to comment at the usual sources and thanks for looking!

g.i.jac0001@gmail.com
Facebook
Google +
Or write something below











Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment