Monday 19 November 2012

The Hobbit Customs Update





Hello all,

just a quick update, I recently received a massive package from BBTS! Including the last two Voltron Lions and Three of the Fimbul and Warg sets. I will eventually get around to reviewing the Lions, the completed Voltron is massive!

But this post isn't about Lions, no, it is about the Warg riders. I have customized the three riders, the images are below. Please let me know what you think. Before I go any further, I'd like to acknowledge Dr Syn from The Smuggling Cove for the inspiration for these figures and for the reference pictures. I have done some sculpting, it's nowhere near as good as his. Thanks again mate!

Freddie Kruger? This is a lighter skin tone Orc like the ones in the reference pics (or at least trying to be) Please note the flash makes everything lighter
I thought this helmet looked like the one the Orks of Moria wore in LOTR
The armour is from a G.I.Joe ROC Neo Viper


Finally, here is my first Dwarf custom: Blackbeard the Dwarf


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out.


    You've got some seriously clever use of parts and bits from other figures, I notice bits from the Crystal Skull native figure (and they fit the savage look the Riders have in the films). THat Cage helmet is crazy, where on earth is that from?

    But that Kruger head... genius.

    And I think the Blackbeard head for a dwarf is very clever especially since the actor Ian McShane played one of the Dwarves in Snow White and the Huntsmen (he'll always be best as Al Swearengen).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again mate. Funny thing is I just watched the movie today!
      As for the helmet it's from a Star wars Darth Bane figure from the Sith Legacy 3 Pack. The Kruger head is from an old Labria figure with the horns cut off.

      I am very much looking forward to what you come up with next!

      Delete
    2. I've got to work out the details for soft goods and get my hands on a assorted hobbit/star wars/Joe figures (and anything else I can think of).

      As well as plan out scenery ideas. Fun times.

      Delete
  2. These are really cool customs. Do you mind if I post these up on the home page at The Hobbit Central with credits back to you?

    ReplyDelete