Friday 23 November 2012

Wizards



Hello all,

looks like I have 'The Hobbit' fever! Below you'll see some of my more recent work as well as some work that I have posted in the past at Joecustoms



First up Alatar and Pallando, the blue wizards, the Ithryn Luin. If you don't know who they are check this out. Essentially they are the 'other two' wizards that are barely mentioned in LOTR. They were sent to the East and South to help stop Sauron's influence on the likes of the Southrons e.g. the Haradrim and the warriors of Rhun, the Easterlings among others. 

Some of the Istari: Pallando, Alatar,  (Sean Connery) and Gandalf
They are also known as Morinehtar (Darkness Slayer) and Romestamo (East Helper). There is some debate as to what name belongs to which wizard but I'm going to give Alatar the Darkness Slayer title and Pallando the East Helper. This is the main reason I gave Pallando an 'Eastern' appearance, while I think Alatar has a 'Moses like' look so I think that he may have been more well known in the South. I do think they worked as a team however.


Alatar

Pallando.
Unfortunately, the darker blue of the 'belt' doesn't quite show. Please note this figure is based on this custom.

Here is my Mithrandir custom which I submitted for a NJC contest at Joecustoms, I tried to recreate the 'Out of the iron pan, into the fire' scene from The Hobbit. If you want to read more go here.

Mithrandir


Finally here is my Necromancer and a 'Heavy' I'm calling a 'Black Numenorean'. This Necromancer does not represent 'The Necromancer' but instead represents one of many dark servants of Sauron. Who knows, maybe he's a Southron opposing the Blue Wizards?

Black Numenorian and a Necromancer



As always let me know what you think

3 comments:

  1. THE BLUE WIZARDS!

    Where did you find the body for the Black Numenorean? I dig the Darth Maul body for that Necromancer, he's got a nice and morbid ensemble with that head gear too.


    And an added bonus of Deadite Skeletons! Delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man!

    I really appreciate your comments. Just went over to check out your deadites in action. Wish I was able to get more than these back in the day, your collection is impressive.

    The Body of the Numenorian is from the Dragon Ball Evolution line, It's called Fulum (added black wash), the belt is from a Pirates of the Caribbean figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clever, never seen any Dragon Ball Evolution figures apart from people using Bulma heads on Joe customs.

      Now I have something else to look out for (works wonders as the base for anything unfriendly)

      Delete