Saturday 1 October 2011

First ever!

Hello all!

I have decided to create this blog in order to display my 1:18 scale custom creations and to bring to your attention a game based on the scale I just mentioned. I've been working on it for a while now and I'm currently 'play-testing' it. I am also working on terrain to use in the game. Hopefully I will be uploading a few pictures of the progress and hopefully, when I am happy with the final version of the game, I will share it with you.

WHO IS G.I.JAC?

Just like many action figure customizers out there I am a product of the 80'sgrowing up collecting action figures and watching cartoons. Except one day it was no longer ' socially acceptable' for me to lay on the floor playing with action figures and making machine gun noises. So I turned into a collector, except that I was never very good at it as I couldn't keep the toys in their package! What was I to do? All these figures ended up doing was collect dust on a shelf or remain hidden inside a shoebox somewhere. It was then that I discovered the world of customizing action figures, so I got a dremel, a hobby knife and some paint and created new characters! But now these guys are collecting dust so now I am creating yet another way to bring my toys and creations to life...

WHAT IS THE GAME ABOUT?

For now I am just calling the game 'the game'. Which isn't very original, I know but soon I will come up with a really cool name. Now if you are interested in 'the game' then I better give you little background. In 'the game' you basically form a squadron of action figures, now these can be from any toy-line available so long as they have an adequate level of pose-ability you then battle it out with a friend and depending on who lives and who dies, the figures gain experience and their ability improves.

Now there are a lot of games out there like this, especially miniature wargames. However mine is, I think, the first ever 1:18 scale version. On top of that, it is a game in which the figures ability to move or to be posed plays an important part. Anyway, I hope that this has got you a little interested and that you may continue to read my 'posts' and follow the development of the game...

No comments:

Post a Comment