Saturday 1 October 2011

JAC's Latest

Before I put these up at Joecustoms, I thought I'd put them here. Got these heads from Slayer Design Studios. They arrived about a week ago.

Quick Review

Let me just say that their products are amazing, great sculpts and very creative. They take about a month to make your purchase  as all their stuff is made to order. I can honestly say that the pieces were worth the wait and I am currently waiting for two additional orders I have made. I ordered a few heads from them including those of the figures below and I can't wait to get them all painted! The only downside with the whole transaction has been that although they do respond to e-mails it can take them a while to get back to you, they are always polite however. Anyway enough of a review I'm sure a lot of you out there are already aware of their site and the quality of their work: https://slayerdesignstudio.3dcartstores.com

Cesspool


The first figure I'm submitting here is Cesspool. I just love the way the head is sculpted, now I may be wrong but I think it's a modified emperor Palpatine. Anyway the figure is a mix of the original Cesspool in the upper torso and a 25th anniversary  B.A.T as the lower half. I had to re-sculpt the lower half so he has no articulation there.

The right (robot) hand is a ROC accelerator suit Duke arm and the left is a 25th Airborne. I painted the uniform blue so that he was a close match to what I think a cobra officer should wear.

I've added a few more photos of him below I'll be posting him on joecustoms if you want to critique.







General Mayhem





Apart from the painting of the head this is a basic custom. Like the Cesspool head above, this one is full of character and I think SDS did a great job here.  The body is a 25th Iron Grenadier and the belt is from the Marvel universe line Union Jack.

Here's a close up of his handsome face!


El Che

Here's a very interesting head, again by SDS. One that I think is spot on. Looks exactly like the guy! I can't stop writing about how amazing these heads are! The custom is a 25th Duke body and the Jacket is from an Indiana Jones figure. I'm thinking about creating a squad of revolucionarios to go with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment